Pocket Stars SP is a high accuracy star chart and guide to the heavens for Windows Mobile Smartphones. Based on the award winning version for Pocket PC's, Pocket Stars Smartphone combines rich capabilities with simple and quick navigation.
Star Chart Features
* 9110 stars from the Bright Star Catalog
* 82 Constellations
* Solar system bodies with images and data
* Messier and Caldwell Objects
* Orbital paths for inner solar system bodies
* Black, white, and red star chart colors
* Polar and zenith grids
* Search and scroll to constellation, body, star, or Messier objects.
* Manual or automatic control of star magnitudes. Overall, these features give great control of visual clutter given the limited screen real estate on the Smartphone.
* Black, white, and red star chart colors for normal, bright, and night viewing conditions, respectively.
* Chart can be rotated to any of the 8 compass points and also flipped along the North - South axis. This allows the either overhead (East and West reversed) or non-overhead (East and West normal) viewing.
* User location set by clicking on map, city selection, or by entering Latitude and Longitude.
* Chart can be "live, realtime", or static for any user selected time.
* Core positional calculation routines based on "Novas" (Naval Observatory Vector Astrometry Subroutines Version 2.0.1) from the US Naval Observatory.
* Star data is from the Bright Star Catalog (5th Revised Edition), comprising the 9110 brightest stars using J2000 equatorial positions and the International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF). Corrections are performed for proper motions and parallax.
* Planet ephemeris data from Jet Propulsion Laboratory using the DE405 database. DE405 is JPL's latest planetary ephemeris with correction for both nutations and librations. DE405 uses the J2000 International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF). The portion of this database provided with Pocket Stars covers the years CE 2000 to CE 2020. Other ephemeris date ranges are available for download.